FROM MEMBER: MARIA FERRER
Comment: This Taco Dip is a staple at all our family gatherings every holiday and birthday and picnic….well, you get the picture.
Ferrer/Lopez/Muniz Taco Dip
2 bars of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3 tomatoes, diced into small pieces
1 small onion, diced into small pieces (optional)
½ lettuce, chopped into teeny pieces
1 bag 3-cheese Mexican grated cheese
1/4 cup of chopped olives (optional)
1/4 cup of chopped jalepeno peppers (optional)
1 can Chunky Salsa (the hotter the better!)
1 large bag of Taco chips
1. In a deep round dish with a lip, spread the cream cheese until the dish is covered completely.
2. Pour the salsa on top of the cream cheese. NOTE: If your salsa is too watery, drain some of the water.
3. IN THIS ORDER…..Spread the tomatoes, onions and then the lettuce over the cream cheese.
4. Sprinkle the Mexican grated cheese over the lettuce.
5. Chill for ½ hour – 1 hour for it to set.
6. Serve with the taco chips.
Buen Provecho & Feliz Navidad.
Enjoy & Happy Holidays.