Friday, December 24, 2010

RECIPE OF THE DAY: MOM’S SUPER EASY GUACAMOLE

   
FROM MEMBER: ISABO KELLY (aka Katrina Tipton)


Comment: As mentioned, in my previous post: I’m an extremely lazy cook, and I don’t make real Mexican food. (All you lovely Mexican people out there, please don’t yell at me.) This recipe was given to me by my mom, who grow up in a community full of Mexicans (in Arizona) and she had tamales as their traditional Christmas lunch, so I can at least say I’m sort of following my mother’s holiday traditions.


Mom’s Super Easy Guacamole


This goes well with the Mexican Lasagna. Also, this is a recipe to experiment with as I never measure anything when I make it. Amounts will vary to taste but this is a place to start.


Ingredients:

2 ripe avocado
1-3 tsp lemon juice
1-2 tsp garlic salt
3-6 tbs tomato based salsa—pick your favorite but make it chunky


Directions:

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl using fork to mush up avocado (“mush up”” is a technical cooking term, right?) Start with a minimum of the salsa and build to desired amount. It’s easy to overdue the salsa part so work your way up.

Eat with tortilla chips, Mexican lasagna, nachos or anything else you might like guacamole with.


Buen Provecho & Feliz Navidad. Enjoy & Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment