Wednesday, December 29, 2010
RECIPE OF THE DAY: NOODLE PUDDING
FROM MEMBER RUTH SEITELMAN
1/2 lb egg noodles cooked and drained (You can use broad noodles although I use fine noodles)
8 oz cottage cheese
16 oz sour cream
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine at room temperature
1/2 cup white raisins (optional)
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon-sugar to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and Grease a 1 1/2 qt glass baking dish.
2. Turn warm, drained noodles into a bowl and add cottage cheese, sour cream, butter, and raisins, mixing well.
3. Pour into greased glass baking dish.
4. Beat eggs well, then beat in sugar, milk and vanilla and pour, evenly, over the noodle mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon-sugar.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven for 1 hour.
Enjoy and Happy New Year!