By Addison Fox
One of the things that often gets lost, however, is the simple joy of writing.
Don’t get me wrong, setting and meeting goals for ourselves is essential. But all-too-often, the focus on those goals can cause us to forget the joy of why we’re doing what we’re doing.
So today, let’s celebrate why we write!
• The beauty of a perfect sentence.
• The hours spent with our characters – people as real to us as our family and friends.
• The joy of typing THE END.
• The fun in opening up a new word document and typing CHAPTER ONE.
• The sheer excitement when what we see in our minds is translated to the page.
• The perfect writing day – when the words fall from our fingers as fast as we can type them.
• The not-so-perfect writing day when we’d rather beat our heads against the wall next to our desk yet we still manage to produce pages.
• The joy of finishing a chapter at 3 AM (please say that’s not just me!!)
So join me today and let me know what some of your favorite writing moments are. Happy Writing!
Addison Fox can’t remember a time when words weren’t a part of her life. An avid reader across genres, she has a special place in her heart for romance. She has back-to-back releases in her Sons of the Zodiac series in April and May. April's release, WAVE OF MEMORIES, features her Aquarius and is an eNovella from Penguin and May's full length title, WARRIOR ENCHANTED, features her Pisces hero. Visit her at www.addisonfox.com. Friend and follow her on www.facebook.com/addisonfoxauthor, www.twitter.com/addisonfox.