Monday, March 25, 2013

Where I Write: Spring Cleaning for Inspiration


By Lena Hart

A few weeks ago, I lost my desk – and keyboard – to papers, books, mail, pens, pencils (yes, I still use pencils) and more paper. I literally couldn’t write for months with all the clutter that was quickly piling up. And that physical clutter was fast becoming mental clutter. I knew I needed to purge my office space if I wanted to get the inspiration flowing again and back to writing with a clearer mind.



One weekend and three trash bags later, I found my desk again. It took some serious Spring Cleaning, but I reorganized and claimed my writing space back. It was refreshing and exciting to see my desk – and keyboard – again. I find myself getting “butt in chair” more often than I have in months and I now look forward to more writing time with my newfound space.

And with my desk finally clutter-free, I always make sure to have close at hand:

• My writing journals
• GMC by D. Dixon
• Synonym Finder by J.I. Rodale
• Post-its
• Desk calendar
• Water bottle
• Inspiration!



Fun fact: my upcoming novella, Because You Are Mine, was actually written during the hostile takeover of my desk but fortunately it had no negative influence on the crafting of the story. It’s essentially a story about broken bonds and betrayal…

Betrayal cuts deep, especially when it comes from someone you trust. And no one understands this better than Cara Sinclair’s old love, now new boss, Drake Ross. Growing up, these two shared an undeniable bond until they found themselves in a fight for their lives. Twelve years later, fate conspires to bring them back together. Yet, while Cara is torn between chasing a lost love, or pursuing another, Drake is left more uncertain of the truth and his feelings for the girl he believed betrayed him. But the love that binds them proves impenetrable. And when light is finally shed on the secrets that haunt them, Cara and Drake will soon discover that danger still lurks… and betrayal cuts deeper than they could have ever imagined.


Lena Hart is an author of sensual, interracial romances. Her novella, BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME, is currently available where e-books are sold and her next novella, BECAUSE YOU ARE MINE will be released by Secret Cravings Publishing this March. To learn more about Lena and her work, visit www.LenaHartSite.com or find her rambling at scatblogging.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. Can you come over to my house and find my desk? I truly believe that my papers are multiplying behind my back and my books are moving around the house in order to drive me crazy. I am waiting for the weekend to rescue my desk. I got a file cabinet ready, lots of file folders, and best of all, a new shredder! Papers, hear me roar!!

    ReplyDelete