Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DEJA VU


The Dionne Warwick song is stuck in my head because it truly is like deja vu. The first two years that I did NaNo, I wrote like a fiend and there was not a doubt that I was going to win. The last two I almost thought I was not going to do it, but I did. Black Friday produced 10,000 words from me and I said to myself that I was not going to do it to myself again this year. Writing so much that I never wanted to see another word.
I am at just over 4,000 and have not written a word all day. Needing to write 1666 a day on the 10 day...you do the math.

The rest of my life has not been hyperactive, and I really just have not written. I have barely had time to write or sleep. I am writing this post just before midnight. The amazing part though is that I am not panicking. NaNo brings out a part of me that I did not know was there. I am not sure how I am going to get to it, but like the marathon this past Sunday, I am going to make it to the finish line. Bursting ribbon about my waist!

Listening to Deja Vu, I am inspired. Could you be the dream that I once knew? Could you be the dream that might come true?  NaNo has come true--four times-- for me; it is never out of my grasp. There is the fear, the nagging, what if this time...if this time I do not pull through?

I will, there is not really much of a choice for me. I perform best under pressure. My inner editor off, I have crafted one of the darkest stories I could have ever imagined that I would have. Basically all of the NaNos I have completed have all been about women in love and a bit of darkness. This one is as far as darkness goes if you were to compare it to chocolate, the ultimate dark. I am excited about getting darker! People always seem to think that romance is fluff, but it can be pretty dark stuff.   WUTHERING HEIGHTS is the ultimate example of this; Fatal Attraction--ironically enough, both have all the elements in my novel to be.

Oh yes, it will be. It is deja vu for me as Dionne sings, deja vu in dark and light ways. Just enough light with which I hope to cover the darkness....

No comments:

Post a Comment