Every week RWA/NYC will Spotlight one of its Members.
Just a fun way for readers to meet
New York's Leading Romance Authors.
How are you staying sane during this pandemic Pause?
Laughter. Singing. A lot of computer games. And reminding myself that life is good – no matter the circumstances. It’s in the moments. Not the overall situation.
10 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT DEE
1. She’s been a member of the Chapter for almost 20 years!
2. She loves and lives in Manhattan, but left her heart in Texas.
3. She is a Panster. She likes a road map, but not too much so that she can have the ability to change course as needed.
4. Her favorite time to write is late at night, although that’s getting harder and harder as she gets older.
5. She has playlists for various scenes -- sex scenes, chase scenes, show-downs, tragedy, historical moments etc.
6. She sets a lot of novels in NYC. It’s her way of sharing her love of the city with people everywhere.
7. She believes in HEA for her books, but enjoys a good HRN when reading.
8. Her secret crush is Dennis Haysbert. She based the leader of her A-Tac series on him.
9. Her favorite author is “hands down” Mary Stewart, followed by Grace Burrowes and Barbara Samuel / O’Neal.
10. She believes that sexual tension is the heart of a good romance, and not an easy thing to pull off. But crucial to making the reader believe that the two protagonists are pulled to each other regardless of their situation.
Genre(s): women’s fiction, time travel, romantic suspense