Monday, February 27, 2012

WRITING TIP: DO RESEARCH

By Ruth A. Casie


[When writing a love scene,] I do some research. One of my source books is THE JOY OF WRITING SEX by Elizabeth Benedict. When it's time to put pen to paper, I need to be in the mood. For me it's a combination of music, soft lighting, and closing my eyes to imagine what my characters are doing. I really need to get into their head.




Ruth A. Casie, author of KNIGHT OF RUNES, has always had stories in her head. Encouraged by family and friends this ballroom dancing, Sudoku playing, aspiring gourmet has given way to her inner muse writing historical fantasy. Now, rather than write marketing and communications for corporate America, she writes historical fantasies about strong men and empowered women and how they cope with unexpected challenges. She hopes her stories become your favorite adventures. For more information, please visit http://www.ruthacasie.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment