This week members of RWA/NYC will be discussing
Social Media and sharing their tips.
ON SOCIAL MEDIA
By Maria Ferrer
Your writing is your brand, and social media is the best and quickest way to build your brand and grow your audience. Here are some quick tips to start the New Year:
1) Less can be more. You don’t have to be on every platform. Pick the social media that you enjoy and where your audience is. It’s alright if you are only on one.
2) Be consistent. Whether it’s daily or weekly or monthly, establish your presence and be active.
3) Let your personality shine. Be yourself. Talk about yourself, your passions, your writing technique, your pets, etc.; share your favorite photos, recipes, et al.
4) Don’t just sell, sell, sell. Social media is about being social. Don’t sell your novels 24/7. Yes, announce your new release, but that should not be all you talk about. See number 3.
5) Like and share with others. Remember to like and share posts from others. It will gain you more friends and followers. ♥
Maria Ferrer and her alter ego Del Carmen are on Twitter and Facebook, and that’s about all they can handle right now. Visit them on www.delcarmenbooks.com.