I moved to NYC in 2001 and fell instantly in love. Like most relationships, NYC and I haven’t always had it easy. But I remain committed. Here are eight reasons why it’s so great.
1. So many single men and women! Theis 51.5%, NYC’s is 54.5!
2. You can find restaurants appealing to any culinary preference. Bars and clubs don’t close at two a.m., unlike in most other cities. Drugstores are open 24/7.
3. The city’s drop dead gorgeous and the streets easy to navigate. Returning in a cab from the boroughs is a treat because you get to experience the city’s iconic skyline.
4. You meet people from all over the world here. It’s wonderful to have friends of every ethnicity, age and sexual preference. You’ll make friends that will never bore you.
5. Shopping! You can buy anything here, and you can get it cheaper than in most other places since there’s always a sale going on.
6. The best in every field are here. Remember the adage: if you can make it in NYC, you can make it anywhere? It’s true!
7. We have the best subway system in the world that runs 24/7, unlike systems in Paris, Tokyo, London and Stockholm.
8. The abundance of coffee! NYC might not have the best coffee in the world, but it has the most! You can hardly walk ten steps before you run into a cart filled with coffee. ♥
Entangled Publishing will release Julia Derek’s romantic thriller UNDERCOVER LOVERS in July, 2014. It’s a story about a female rookie cop going undercover as a trainer to catch a drug lord only to fall for his right- hand man. When Julia doesn’t read or write, she spends her days whipping people into shape as a fitness instructor. You can find out more about Julia on her website/blog www.JuliaDerek.com or follow her on twitter @JuliaderekNY.